Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce & Raw Veggies
Terrific lunch. Serves 4
- 8 oz soba (buckwheat) noodles
(Buckwheat noodles are gluten-free if you get 100% buckwheat noodles)
- 4 TB peanut butter
- 1 TB rice or other vinegar
- 4 TB tamari soy sauce
- 4 TB oil (peanut, organic canola or safflower)
- 1 TB toasted sesame oil
- 2 TB honey
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1/2 peeled cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Garnish generously with:
- toasted sesame seeds
- more dried red pepper flakes
- optional: roasted peanuts
Cook soba noodles according to directions (8-10 min). Drain and set aside.
Prepare sauce by blending ingredients together (I used a blender.)
Stir sauce into noodles and refrigerate while preparing veggies.
Stir veggies into noodles, garnish generously with toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes to taste, and peanuts if desired.