I became vegetarian decades ago, and I’ve cooked for very large groups of vegetarians. I raised four children on a vegetarian diet.
I raised four children on a vegetarian diet. And that’s a lot of years of vegetarian holidays!
Here was our Vegetarian Christmas menu for 2014:
- Walnut-Cheddar-Brown Rice Loaf
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese w/ a bread crumb topping
- Portabello Mushrooms (sauteed w/ fresh rosemary & Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Buttered Steamed Yellow Squash
- Baked Butternut Squash
- Butter Lettuce & Pomegranate Seed Salad w/ fresh-made pomegranate dressing
- Desserts (pictured): Rum Raisin Cookies, English Toffee with Almond, Pumpkin Seed & Sesame Seed Baklava, Strawberry Shortbread Cookies